New Inpatient Psychiatry Opportunity in California North of San Francisco
- Dates: 4/24-10/29
- Schedule: Tues, Wed, Thurs 8 am - 4 pm
- Want someone that can give a 1-year commitment.
- 100% inpatient correctional facility
- 12-16 patients per day
- There are medical doctors on staff along with other Psychiatrists.
- Doctors will have a guard with them for Psych evals along with protective gear.
- Serve periodically as psychiatrist-of-the-day for on-call/call back during weekend and off-hours for patient emergencies, Mental Health Crisis Beds follow-up, and 5-day follow ups
- Meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face-to-face interviews, etc. Must be able to provide face-to-face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric, and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards' current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation, and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to insure proper care is given, give proper documentation, and be able to look at past documentation on patients.
- Psychiatrist, Senior Psychiatrist or designee;
- ee. Instruct health care providers, and staff assigned for special training on the principles and practices of psychiatry.
A facility located north of San Francisco is looking for a Locums Inpatient Psychiatrist to join their team from 4/24-10/29. Are you available?
- Toll Free: 855-200-3183
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org