Hem/MedOnc temp to perm in Indiana
Specialty: Medical Oncology Job #: JN -122022-14681 State: IN Remuneration: Not Specified Type: Locums to Perm
- What is the work site address and contact information?
- 1345 Unity Place, Suite 345, Lafayette, IN 47905. Phone: (765) 446-5111.
- Hospital? Office? Or Freestanding clinic?
- Independent community-based practice
- Are there any satellite offices that the provider will be working at? If so, how far from the hospital and what is their address?
- What is the work schedule and exact dates of need?
- We’re actively recruiting a full-time position, so the sooner the better.
- What is the call schedule for nights and weekends?
- The two NPs are on call every third week and take lab, pharmacy, nursing home, and patient calls. The physician is currently on call every week to take hospital and physician calls. In the past, when we had two physicians (see answer to next question for explanation), they would rotate the call schedule. The practice is open 8:00am – 5:00pm. Phones are rolled to the answering service at 5:00pm until 8:00am the following morning. The physician sees patients four days a week and has a day for admin.
- Patients per day?
- Horizon currently has one physician and two NPs, seeing roughly 30+ patients a day. The practice provides in-office infusions (12 chairs) and has recently launched its in-office dispensing program. We previously had two physicians and one NP who were seeing 40-50+ patients per day. We experienced provider departures for personal reasons and have been building back toward the previous numbers to support the growing demand for oncology services in this market. Aside from these provider transitions, the staff has remained stable for the past 15 years.
- % of hematology vs medical oncology patients?
- Approximately 80/20 (Oncology/Hematology)
- How many patients are clinic? Inpatient?
- Almost all clinic.
- How many new consults a day?
- Roughly 2 per week moving toward 1 per day.
- Will Hospital privileges be needed? What is the name of the hospital?
- Our physician is privileged with Franciscan Health and Indiana University Health Arnett. If your candidate wants to be temporary at first, we would probably have to establish a contract arrangement. He/she could only be a locum if substituting for our physician. We would have to explore options as it relates to privileges on a temporary basis.
- Will rounding at the hospital be involved?
- Our physician rounds when one of our patients is in the hospital. When we direct admit, he works with a hospitalist.
- What reason for the locum tenens coverage needed?
- As noted above, we are actively recruiting a new physician to grow the practice and support the increased demand for oncology services in the market. We would look at a contract arrangement if the provider had an interest in exploring a longer-term relationship with our practice.
- Who are the other medical oncologists on staff?
- See answers to questions above.
- Are they mid-levels on staff? (Ex, PA’s NP’s etc)
- See answers to questions above.
- Will locum’s provider need to supervise others?
- What is the EMR system?
- Willing to wait for a License?
- Yes, and we do have connections that can help expedite the licensure process.
- What are the clinical capabilities required?
- General medical oncology (hematology and oncology).
- Closest Airport?
- Indianapolis (about an hour from Lafayette)
- Understanding Lafayette and the community (I added to provide some additional insight):
- Lafayette is a smaller community (70,000+), located about an hour northwest of Indianapolis (2.5 hours south of Chicago). Lafayette is home to major industry facilities (Caterpillar, GE Aviation, Subaru) as well as Purdue University. The city has a diverse population, is growing rapidly, and offers a safe, high quality of life. Lafayette has a vibrant downtown: antiques, eclectic shopping, quaint coffee shops and restaurants, pubs and local breweries, galleries, and public art. Lafayette has highly ranked public and private schools, a multitude of cultural amenities, easy access to over 40 parks, extensive trail systems, golfing, collegiate sports, and more.
Temp to perm opportunity in beautiful Indiana. They are looking for coverage as soon as possible to grow the practice.
Contact me today for more information
- Toll Free: 855-537-8353
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org